If you get the AOL desktop gold Won’t Open error message during the installation process.
It could be due to the corrupted setup. So you should consider downloading a new setup and begin the setup process with it. Let’s see how does it work?
I think it will solve the AOL desktop setup not responding issue.
In today’s fast paced life, we want everything to happen quickly, then how can we tolerate if AOL Desktop Won’t open instantly. Though AOL Desktop Gold is a remarkable software that offers protected web browsing services along with enhanced security and fast processing speed, but being a technical product, it may also fall short on some mark. Therefore, in order to keep your working smooth and synchronized with the pace of your life, we have listed here the most effective steps to resolve AOL Desktop Won’t open issue.
Before solve the AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open Issue
This is a fact that technical issues never arises due to one reason. There are several reasons that may lead to this issue, however, we have mentioned here some of the major causes for the occurrence of the error “AOL gold won’t open”.
- Inappropriate installation of AOL Desktop Gold Software.
- Smashed or corrupt software files.
- Incompatibility of AOL Gold with some other file already installed on your system.
- Effect of virus or malware that may be creating disruption in the application.
- Corrupt or damaged hard disk of system
Please Follow These Methods to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Won’t Open
So here are the methods to troubleshoot AOL Gold Won’t Open Issue. Perform these steps prudently.
- Scan your system with the help of antivirus and delete any suspicious file found.
- Make sure that your computer meets all the system requirements for the installation of AOL Desktop Gold.
- Delete all the incompatible files from the system.
- Check the internet connectivity.
- Upgrade AOL Desktop Gold software, if available.
- Try to remove the browser cache from browser settings.
- If any of these doesn’t work, reinstall AOL Gold from official site:
- Select the “AOL Desktop Gold” option and go to uninstall the program.
- Download the “AOL Desktop” software from the authorized AOL website.
- After downloading the software, upgrade AOL Desktop Gold by fixing the newly downloaded file.
- At last, reboot your computer after the installation process is over.
So, this is the simple method in the case of AOL Desktop won’t open. In case of any trouble related to these steps or linked to the AOL, then contact AOL support. Experts will deal with your issue and try to solve it as soon as possible.
Problem with Solution if AOL Desktop Gold not Responding
One of the most common issues AOL Gold users face is AOL Desktop Gold not responding, Sometimes, AOL Desktop Gold stops responding to any command given by the user. There are many factors due to which this problem occur with AOL Desktop Gold software. In this blog, you will know the steps to fix this issue.
AOL desktop is not responding issue can be one of the most common issues for the internet.
Here are the below AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding Error:
Quit the program from task manager-
Whenever you see the stopped working or not responding message, while you open up the aol desktop program.
You should quit the program and restart it.
For windows users-
- Press CTRL + ALT + Delete button all together.
- Click on the Process tab.
- Now select your AOL desktop application, and click on end program.
- Now you will see a pop window, here you need to click on the end program.
Once your AOL desktop program will disappear from the process tab, you need to reopen it.
For Mac Users-
If you are using a Mac computer, you need to follow the instructions given below to quit the program.
- Right-click on the AOL desktop icon, available in the task manager.
- Click on force quit.
Your Device is not compatible with the program –
Have you checked the device compatibility for your AOL desktop application? Is your device compatible with it or not?
Because, If you are using an older computer. Which has lesser hardware than required by the aol desktop application requirement? It can be a major reason behind it.
In such a case, you have to upgrade the device hardware, then only you will be able to run the program on your device.
Otherwise, you will keep getting the AOL desktop not responding error message on your computer.
To install the AOL desktop software on your computer, you must have at least:
- 266MHZ processor or faster than it.
- 1 GB primary memory (RAM)
- 512 free storage on the secondary drive (hard drive).
- Windows 7 or mac osx 10.0.0
Remove the virus from your computer-
If your computer has a good amount of hardware, but still running lethargic. Also, it
Shows the AOL desktop stopped working error message when you try to open it.
In such a case, you should scan your computer with the hitman pro and malware bytes anti-malware.
There might be a presence of the virus, that’s why your computer is not responding.
Once you will scan your computer. You should open the AOL desktop gold program again. I am sure this will start working fine this time.
Reinstall the program-
If you have already tried the above instructions but still AOL desktop is not responding. In such a case, you need to uninstall the program and reinstall it again.
To do so, you may follow the steps available below:
For Windows users :
Go to the program and files >> select AOL desktop application >> press uninstall button.
For mac users:
Select your AOL application >> to push it to the trash folder.
Once you will uninstall the program completely, you need to go back to the AOL desktop gold website and download the latest setup and install it.
After following all these instructions, you will be able to fix the AOL desktop not responding problem. In case, if you need more help. Let us know.
What happens when AOL Desktop Gold stops working or not Opening Problem
What happens when AOL Desktop Gold stops working/not opening error
- The program crashes without warning
- A black screen frequently opens while you are working with this software
- You are clicking the AOL Gold icon but nothing is happening.
- The software opens but there is no response from the webpage.
- You cannot send or receive emails on your AOL account
Troubleshooting Guide When AOL Desktop Gold not Opening or not working
Here are some quick and simple troubleshooting steps you can follow if your AOL software is not working or not opening.
Solution 1: Check and update the application
One of the best features AOL Gold is that it updates automatically. But if there is an error with the software then the updates will not be downloaded. In that case, you will have to manually check and see if there are any software updates that need to be completed.
Solution 2: General settings
Whenever you update Windows or any other application, there are certain changes made to the computer settings. These changes can affect the smooth functioning of AOL Desktop Gold. Check to see that there are no changes in the settings that could disrupt the working of AOL. You can also try to restore setting back to when AOL was working or opening.
Solution 3: Check the Add-ons
It is possible that some add-ons that are installed on your system are incompatible with AOL Desktop Gold. The best thing to do is to disable these add-ons and run a scan of your system
Solution 4: Download install file
When you see the message saying AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working or opening you can follow the steps below to download AOL Gold and run an updated install file:
- Go to the AOL website and download the updated install file.
- Open the file and run it on your system
- Go to the AOL icon and open Desktop Gold after running the installer.
Conclusion : We Hope these solution above whenever your AOL Desktop Gold Having Won’t Open Issue even not working might be help you fix all the problems even you can comment below for more help.