Comcast Email Not Working on iPhone – Step by Step solution
Comcast email which is also known as Xfinity email is one of the finest email services available today. It has got some amazing features that make it immensely popular among users. The best thing about Xfinity email is that you can use it with almost every device be it a PC, Mac device, Android or iPhone. However, we must not forget that there is no email service that is completely free from errors and glitches. Every now and again, we can see user complaining that their Comcast Email not working on iPhone.
There are multiple ways by which you can use your Comcast email account on iPhone. You can check emails via Comcast webmail on safari, use Xfinity Connect app or set up Comcast email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP. It doesn’t matter how you check Comcast email, if your Comcast email on iPhone not working then you can miss some very important emails. In this tutorial, you will find reasons behind the Comcast email problems on an iPhone and the steps by which you can fix them.
Why your Comcast Email stopped working on iPhone?
It is very difficult for us to point out a single reason why your Xfinity email not working on iPhone. However, there are a few primary factors that are responsible for a lot of Comcast email issue on iPhone as given.
- Using Comcast.net email using an incompatible browser on iPhone.
- Incorrect Comcast IMAP settings iPhone
- Xfinity Connect email problems due to using an outdated app
- Making a typing mistake while entering Comcast POP settings
- Comcast emails not being received on iPhone due to a low storage space.
- Malware or virus infection in your iPhone
- Missing iOS updates can also result in Comcast not responding issue.
- Entering inaccurate information when you configure apple mail 11 for Comcast email.
- It is also possible that Xfinity email is not working on iPhone because of your weak or slow internet connection.
Please note that these are just the handful of common problems that may occur in using a Comcast email account on iPhone. It is not necessary that your Comcast / Xfinity email account isn’t working on iPhone only because of these reasons. In fact, there are various other factors as well which can result in Xfinity email issues on an iPhone.
Steps to Fix Comcast Email is not working on iPhone problem
You should opt for using Comcast Email on “Mail” app of your iPhone for the best experience. In case Comcast email isn’t working on “Mail” app of iPhone then you should check the steps given below:
- First of all, you should make yourself sure that your iPhone is connected to the internet. To check the internet connection, you should try to open Comcast.net website on the safari browser.
- After checking the internet, you should ensure that your Comcast email is properly configured on iPhone. You may also check Comcast email iPhone configuration given below in this post to ensure that you have set up Xfinity email on iPhone properly.
- Ensure that the Comcast login credentials provided by you are correct. In case you forgot Comcast email password then you should run Xfinity password recovery in order to get it back.
- Make sure there is enough storage space available on your iPhone for storing the new email messages.
- Sometimes, a simple restart of your iPhone can also help you get rid of the problem. You can simply restart your iOS device then check if the problem gets fixed or not.
- If you are regularly facing Comcast sign-in error even after entering the correct password then it is highly possible that your Comcast email got hacked. In such cases, you have to restore Comcast email account.
After going through these steps, your Xfinity email account should work properly on the Mail app of iPhone.
Comcast email settings iPhone
None of the iPhone models is immune to the Comcast email problems. It is quite normal to see user complaining issues like Xfinity email account not working on iPhone 5, Comcast email stops working on iPhone 6 etc. The steps to add Comcast email on iPhone is different for the different versions of the iPhone. However, the POP/ IMAP settings are the same for all iPhone models. Here are the Comcast IMAP settings for iPhone that you need to install on your device.
Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Incoming Server Host Name: imap.comcast.net
- Username: Enter the username of your Xfinity email account
- Password: Provide the Comcast email password
- Incoming Mail server port: 993
- Use SSL: ON
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Username: Enter the username of your Comcast email account.
- Password: Enter Xfinity password.
- Outgoing Mail server port: 587
- Use SSL: Yes
After entering this incoming/outgoing mail server information, it is very unlikely that you will face Comcast not sending & receiving email problem.
Xfinity Connect App not working
Another popular and effective way to access Comcast emails is using the Xfinity Connect App. But what if Xfinity Connect App stopped working itself? Well in such a scenario, you should try the steps given below:
- Make sure your iOS device i.e. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch fulfills all the system requirement of Xfinity Connect app.
- Also, ensure that you are using the latest version of the app. You should update the Xfinity Connect App if any update is available.
- You may clear the app data in case the problem continues.
Tips to use Comcast Email on iPhone in a better way
Although it is not possible to stop a Comcast email problem from occurring in an iPhone, you can follow the tips given below to use Xfinity/ Comcast on iPhone in an efficient way.
- It is a better idea to use IMAP Comcast email settings in order to add Comcast Email on iPhone as compared to POP settings. You get better flexibility with IMAP settings which result in less number of errors.
- Imagine if Xfinity email stopped working on iPhone all of a sudden and you need to check your Comcast emails urgently. In such a case, you can access Comcast webmail on iPhone via safari browser.
- You can also check the mobile version of Comcast webmail using the following URL: m.comcast.net.
Reasons why your Xfinity email is not working 2020
It is very important to first know the reason behind the Xfinity email not working. The solution that you apply to fix this issue depends heavily on the reason due to which you are facing this problem. Below here are give some major reasons behind not working problem of your Xfinity email.
- You have a slow internet connection.
- There are some setting issues with your Xfinity email.
- The browser you are using to open Comcast email is not supported.
- You are using an outdated version of your browser.
- There might be Comcast outage in your area.
- The problem might be with your device and not your Comcast email.
- Conflict with any third party software may also create this problem.
- A compromised Xfinity email account may also not work in the way you want it to.
How to fix the not working issue in Comcast email 2020?
Not working of Comcast email can create some major disruption by not allowing you to send or receive important messages. It is therefore important to fix this problem as soon as possible to prevent work loss. Now the main thing is where to find the solution to this problem. There are some simple troubleshooting measures that the users can follow whenever they face this not working issue with Xfinity email.
- Check your internet connection
The most common reason behind the not working of Comcast email is a slow internet connection. To see if this is the problem, simply load a random webpage. If the page does not load successfully, you are having network issues. To fix this, try restarting your modem or turning data connection on and off. Also, make sure that you have an active data pack and your device is not on airplane mode.
- Check your web browser for issues
Sometimes, the browser you are using may create the stopped working issue in Comcast email. Few things that you can try to fix problems with your browser are given below:
- Make sure that the browser you are using is supported by Comcast.
- Also, your browser should be up-to-date. If not, download and install the recent updates.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser.
- Restart your browser and then try opening your Comcast account.
- If nothing else works, you can also switch the browser.
- Make sure there is no service outage
In case of Comcast service outage in your area, you will not be able to even login to your Comcast email, let alone perform other tasks. Unfortunately, there is nothing a user can do to fix the Xfinity email not working, if it is due to network outage. In this case, you simply need to wait till the issue is resolved by the Comcast at their end.
- Check Xfinity email settings
In case the Xfinity email send/ receive function is not working, user may want to make sure that there is no problem with their email settings. Certain things you can check to fix this problem are given below:
- Make sure that you have not reached the sending and receiving limit of Comcast email.
- Less storage space will not allow you to receive incoming emails
- Make sure your incoming emails are not going to trash or spam.
- The sender you are trying to send emails to must not be blocked by you.
- Make sure you have the correct sender’s address or vice versa.
- Make sure there is no conflict with ant third party app
Sometimes, any antivirus or any other third party application installed in your system does not allow you to work smoothly with your Comcast email. If any such program is installed in your system, temporarily disable them while using Comcast. Once you are done with it, you can resume those applications. In case you are still not able to use Xfinity email, you can also opening it in another device.
Solution to Fix Comcast Email not Working on iPad
Now, after knowing the causes, let’s start troubleshooting them one by one, and by the end of the guide, you will be able to fix all the problems that you are facing while accessing your Comcast email account on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Server is Down
Every email service provider out there faces outages be it Gmail, Yahoo, or Comcast. This can happen anytime when the site goes down and that too without any prior notice. If the Xfinity website goes down, you will not be able to access it till the service gets restored on its own.
When the server issue arises, you will see a 500 error on the screen. So to confirm the outage, you need to go to the Xfinity website, simply login to your Comcast account on a web browser, and if you can log in, it means everything is fine. This is one of the most commonly faced login issues of Comcast, however, nothing to worry as everything will be restored soon by their engineers.
2. Incorrect Email Settings
This is one of the most common mistakes made by Comcast users that when they access their account on the iPhone, they enter the incorrect IMAP or SMTP settings. If you want to know the right way to set up your Comcast account on iPhone, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- On your iPhone, tap the ‘Mail’ icon
- Then tap ‘Other’, when you see the ‘Welcome to Mail’ screen.
- On the ‘New Account’ screen, enter your login details and then press ‘Next’.
- If the information entered by you is correct, your account will get verified and that’s how you can configure your Comcast.net account.
If you have set up your account correctly, it is the time to have a look at the Comcast email settings for iPhone.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section of your iPhone and then select ‘Passwords and Accounts’.
- Next, tap on your Comcast account and if you are facing issues while receiving emails, you need to check Incoming mail server settings.
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ tab and check if you have entered the correct settings:
Incoming Server Host Name: imap.comcast.net
Username: Comcast email account
Password: email password
Incoming Mail server port: 993
Use SSL: ON
IMAP Path Prefix: empty
- In case, you are facing issues while sending emails from your Comcast account, you must check the Outgoing Mail Server Settings:
Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.comcast.net
Username: Comcast email account
Password: email password
Outgoing Mail server port: 587
Use SSL: Yes
Even if you set up your Comcast on Outlook, you will need the right email settings.
3. Connectivity Issues
There can be connectivity issues when you try to access your Comcast email account after switching from the cellular network to Wi-Fi.
To check this, open the Settings app of your iPhone and then tap on ‘Cellular’; go to ‘Mail’ and check if it is enabled. If it is not, you will only receive emails when the device is connected to Wi-Fi. To fix this issue, you need to switch from cellular data to Wi-Fi whenever the internet comes back.
4. Incorrect Fetch Settings
In case, you are still not receiving emails on your Comcast account on iPhone or mail.comcast.net is not responding on your device, this can be due to incorrect fetch settings. To fix this,
- Go to the Settings app and then tap on ‘Passwords and Accounts’; finally, select ‘Fetch New Data Line’.
- Fetch New Data is a feature that lets users select how often your device will check for new emails. It has three values: Push, Fetch, or Manual.
- If you have set the setting to ‘Push’, the mail server will send the new mails to your iPhone directly. If it is set to ‘Fetch’, your device will often ask the server for new emails. And if you are using manual settings, and have set Fetch New Data to Manual, you will only get the emails if you open the Mail app and refresh.
5. Outdated Mail App
If the Comcast email is still not working on the iPad or is not syncing with your iPhone, you need to check if you are using the latest Comcast app. Check if Apple has released any latest version of the app; if yes, then get the app and then check if you have got the issue fixed.