In this article, we will learn How to Install Windows 11 Beta on an Unsupported PC. There are mainly two ways to achieve this and we will discuss both the methods in this article. If you are still not able to install Windows 11 on your unsupported system you can install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation or Virtualbox.
The Windows Insider Insider Is a great way to learn about the innovations that Microsoft has prepared for Windows 11. But users may have some problems when getting test builds of Windows 11 for developers if the PC or laptop does not meet the minimum system requirements of the new OS. On the other hand, the developers from Microsoft decided to make regular participants of the Windows 10 insider program a real gift – they will be able to receive builds of Windows 11 for developers even on incompatible hardware.
How to install Windows 11 beta on an unsupported PC
Important: these manipulations are needed only for those who have never been registered in the Insider Preview system before.
Method 1: How to Install Windows 11 Beta on an Unsupported PC Using Regedit Editor
In order to get official builds of Windows 11 for developers on the outdated hardware in Microsoft’s opinion, you must:
- Sign up for the Windows 11 Insider Program.
- Connect to the official Windows Insider program by selecting the only available channel “Release Preview Channel”;
- Restart your computer.
- press Win+R on the keyboard, in the “Run” utility, type the regedit command and click “OK”;
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Selection;
- Replace the value of the UIBranchName key with Dev;
- Replace the UIContentType key value with Mainline.
- Replace the UIRing key value with External.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability;
- replace the BranchName key value with Dev;
- replace the Value of the ContentType key with Mainline;
- Replace the Ring key value with External;
- Follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup;
- Add a new LabConfig key;
- Create two DWORDs, BypassTPMCheck and BypassSecureBootCheck,and then set them to 1.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Restart the system.
- Next, delete the setupconfig.ini file at C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WSUS – this folder may not exist, in which case just skip this step.
When the installation of Windows 11 begins after the manipulations, the system can still report that you need to have a TPM 2.0 module.
This prohibition can be circumvented:
- In File Explorer, navigate to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources.
- Upload the corrected file from GitHub.
- Replace the AppraiserRes.dll file in the specified folder with the downloaded duplicate from GitHub.
How to Install Windows 11 Beta on an Unsupported PC: Enjoy your Windows 11
After that, you need to return to “Windows Update” and start downloading the update (or click on the “Fix” button that appears after an unsuccessful attempt to update).
Method 2: How to Install Windows 11 Beta on an Unsupported PC Using Github Script
This is another simple method that will help you to install Windows 11 Beta on an Unsupported PC Using Github Script.
The steps are as follows:
- Go to this Github Script (OfflineInsiderEnroll) and download it.
- Once downloaded, browse the file and right click on it and select “run as administrator”.
- You will see a list of available Windows Insider Program channels on your command line.
- Select “Dev Channel” by pressing its corresponding number.
- Press Enter.
- After successful reboot, you will able to see Windows 11 update under your Windows Update section under System Settings.
- Download Windows 11 on an Unsupported PC and install it.
OfflineInsiderEnroll is a simple script and it can be used on a device with a local account, but you’ll need to set the Telemetry setting to Full to receive preview builds.
If you are not a huge fan of Windows 11, you can also choose to roll back to Windows 10 from Windows 11.