Whether you seem to be missing an important email you’ve been looking for or you aren’t receiving any messages at all, it can be a big problem if your Yahoo Mail inbox stops working as it should. Your account can stop receiving emails at any time and for several reasons. Here are some things you should try when Yahoo Mail is not receiving emails.
Causes of Yahoo Mail Delivery Problems
Depending on how the issue presents itself, several things could bring Yahoo Mail down. Generally speaking, however, the major causes are:
- Account issues
- System interruptions
- User Error
Some of these causes have direct solutions, while others may require you to wait for the system to sort itself out.
How to Fix It When Yahoo Mail Is Not Receiving Emails
These solutions should apply to all versions of Yahoo Mail running on the web or mobile devices.
- Check your spam folder. Yahoo’s automatic bulk-mail filter does a decent job of making sure unwanted emails don’t get to your inbox, but it makes mistakes occasionally. You should check the spam folder to see if the email(s) you’re expecting accidentally ended up the
- Take a look at your filters. Yahoo Mail includes a feature that helps you automatically sort messages as soon as they arrive. It’s a convenient feature, but like spam, it’s possible that a filter you set up could grab emails you don’t intend it to.Before you hunt through all of your folders, check the Filterssection in your Yahoo Mail settings. Doing so will help you identify and fine-tune the rules you’ve set up if any problems exist. You can also check your filters to see which folders they use to help narrow down your search.
- Look for a “Reply-to” address. One feature of Yahoo Mail lets you specify a different email address for your recipients to reply to. If you set one, their replies won’t go to your Yahoo inbox, even if you sent them from that account. Check the Mailboxes section of your settings to make sure all of your messages are going where you want them to.
- Check your blocked address list. It’s possible that one reason you aren’t receiving emails from a particular recipient is that you’ve blocked their address, whether intentionally or not. To check for blocked emails, go to the Security and Privacy section of your settings.
- Send yourself an email. Even if you can access your Yahoo Mail account, it doesn’t mean the service is working correctly. One way to see if the delivery system is functioning is to send an email to your account and see if it reaches the inbox.If something’s wrong with the platform, you may receive a message with a specific error code that you can look up to get more of an idea of what’s going on.
- Sign out and back in. If you’re using the Yahoo Mail mobile app on iPhone or the Yahoo app for Android, you may lose the connection between it and your account. Logging out and back in may help re-establish the link.Even if you’re accessing Yahoo on the web, this technique may still be useful.
- Reset your browser. It’s possible the data and cookies you’ve accumulated while browsing could affect how websites, including Yahoo, behave. Try just closing and restarting first, and if it still doesn’t work, You can easily reset Chrome, reset Internet Explorer, or restore Safari.
- Try a different Yahoo Mail platform. If you aren’t receiving emails on the website, for example, try accessing it through your phone’s dedicated mail client or the official Yahoo Mail app.
- Make sure everything is up to date. Yahoo Mail updates behind the scenes, so you don’t necessarily know when a new version is up. Some changes may mean that the platform won’t work on the current version of the browser or app you have installed, so you should check for updates and see if that helps the issue.
- Request the sender to check the account -Request the sender to guarantee that the email entered by him is correctly inputted.If they face any issue regarding the sending of the mail, then ask them to take help of their service provider if you are not getting Yahoo emails.
These are the Fast steps to troubleshoot the Yahoo mail not receiving emails